Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm a Bandster. I was banded September 7, 2010. So far I have lost 87 pounds. I know, huh! Yeah me! But I realized about 6 months ago that the band was not going to fix me. It was definitely helping me get to my goal weight, and I was exercising and all that, but I was not 'cured'. I needed more help. I needed a healthy relationship with food. My insurance covers psychological care (at no cost!) so I called. It may have been the hardest thing I ever did, but so far, I think it may be one of the smartest!

So I am seeing a eating disorders counselor. I am a binge eater. I eat when I am bored, lonely, emotional. I am working on it. I am also seeing a nutritionist. She is helping me see that there are no 'bad' foods, only bad habits. I am trying to become an 'intuitive' or 'mindful' eater. Basically, eating when I am hungry and what I am hungry for. It's not easy. I have a real bad case of Head Hunger and it is not always easy for me to distinguish between real physical hunger and the crap going on in my head.

BUT, I am working on it. And I want to share my journey and expiriences here. In case anyone else cares or wants to follow along, or add their 2 cents. It's cool. We'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment